Yesterday we discussed reviewing the existing roof as part of the process to select the right roof system for your building. Today we will review a construction checklist you should go over with each roofing contractor that submits a proposal to you.
- Does the roof drain well?
- Do I have sufficient overflow capacity?
- How will the extra thickness of the roof affect overflows and flashing heights?
- What access is there for materials and personnel?
- How can debris be removed?
- Is there a lot of equipment on the roof to be flashed?
- Is the roof a wide open expanse, or small sections?
- Do I have parapet walls?
- What is the load bearing capacity of the structural system?
- Is there the possibility of abuse by repair people or vandalism?
Find a Contractor